Technology Data Clerk
- Technology Data Clerk JobID: 1938
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Training school clerks to perform attendance calls.
- Insuring accuracy of data input by the attendance clerks.
- Processing of student schedules and running reports to validate the schedule.
- Assisting in analysis of statistical data and computer input to generate reports.
- The position also requires strong communication and interpersonal skills for both purposes of meeting with the general public as well as for working with co-workers, District personnel, and administrators.
- A high level of English proficiency is required for the completion of tasks/projects, providing direction and discussing technical aspects of the work with District staff, and the preparation of correspondence and procedures of the department.
- It is essential to be able to express oneself and describe department practices in a logical and concise manner.
- The ability to type 45 words per minute, proficiently, experience with most functions of a personal computer (including experience with spreadsheets) is required.
- Attention to and ability to work with detail and a high degree of accuracy is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability at utilizing independent judgment in setting priorities or making decisions in the absence of specific direction is essential.
A minimum of (2) years related experience is necessary, some of which is desirable to have within the Roosevelt District. Demonstrated specialized knowledge and ability to work with highly complex situations/procedures within the department is essential.
The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Level F, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
JOB TITLE: Technology Data Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Technology Supervisor
Under broad supervision, performs a variety of duties of some complexity which requires a high degree of technical and specialized knowledge, as well as strong familiarity with policy and procedure. The position is aimed to serve as a key resource to school administrators and school clerks, providing answers to requests for information and technical support regarding class scheduling, discipline, various processes, and procedures.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES INCLUDE:
In addition to performing many of the Clerk III duties, this position may be involved with:
1. Training school attendance clerks and site administrators with regard to districtwide calling system.
2. Process necessary reports for compliance with state standards.
3. Responsible for data entry of student schedules.
4. Support the District’s Student Management System.
5. Provide backup support to Synergy Data Specialists.
6. Performs other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalency.