Substitute School Attendance Clerk
- Substitute School Attendance Clerk JobID: 1880
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Call and receive calls from parents regarding student attendance.
- Notify teachers and nurse of excused absences.
- Enter student absences into database and generate absence reports.
- Contact school resource officer regarding attendance problems.
- Communicate with principal and teacher regarding excessive absences and referrals to school resource officer.
- Record student tardies.
- Provide students with passes to class or referrals to principal regarding tardiness.
- Establish electronic student record including inputting registration, attendance records, withdrawals, and transfers.
- Update student, class, and school rosters.
- Complete and distribute registration and attendance reports to principal and District office.
- Forward student records and files to pupil personnel at the District office.
- Assist in greeting visitors to the school campus and answering inquiries or directing visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answer telephones and referring calls to appropriate personnel and take phone messages.
- Provide backup services for school secretary and nurse.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute and to demonstrate high degree of proficiency and accuracy with 10-key calculator.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for meeting with the general public and co-workers, District personnel, and administrators.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printers, and fax.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions in absence of specific direction.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, frequent telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills are helpful but not necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three-years of related office experience with demonstrated ability for office practices, procedures, and duties relevant to the attendance clerk duties.
- The working environment is the normal school office setting.
- Twelve-month year, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Starting salary based on Classified Hourly Salary Schedule.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
TITLE: Substitute School Attendance Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: School Site - Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The school attendance clerk will provide accurate student attendance records and provide office and general clerical services to assist the school principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: