Substitute School Administrative Assistant
- Substitute School Administrative Assistant JobID: 1881
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide general clerical and typing services to the principal and assistant principal including word processing from rough or final drafts, preparing and processing school correspondence, receiving visitors, answering telephones, and preparing reports and special projects.
- Greet visitors to the school campus.
- Answer inquiries and/or provide direction to the appropriate source of information.
- Assist in the preparation for the arrival of substitute teachers including checking sub-finder and providing substitute folders and keys.
- Prepare and process official school correspondence from principal, assistant principal, and teachers.
- Establish and maintain an effective filing system of correspondence, forms, and reports that are used internally and/or directed externally.
- Maintain a calendar of appointments and meetings for the principal and assistant principal.
- Maintain a file of records of school employees and staff including time sheets that are collected, authorized, and forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
- Prepare requests for personnel action forms reflecting any request or change in employment or benefit status.
- Act as the school liaison regarding recording and forwarding reports of employee/staff absences and requests for substitutes.
- Maintain a record of budget expenditures and current balance of funds.
- Order supplies, materials, and equipment for the school, maintain records of purchases, and follow-up on delinquent orders.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail to principal and staff.
- Access requested data and information using computer database systems, spreadsheets, and/or other management information.
- Translate or interpret Spanish as skills allow.
- Make arrangements and coordinate meetings and special events as requested by the principal.
- Maintain office equipment by ordering supplies and calling for repairs.
- Provide assistance to the attendance clerk and school nurse for situations requiring immediate attention including student attendance and registration.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, skills are helpful but not necessary.
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printer, and fax.
- Ability to work with detail and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
TITLE: Substitute School Administrative Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: School Site Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The school administrative assistant will provide secretarial and clerical services to assist the school principal.
High school diploma or equivalency.
Professional secretarial training is preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Three-years related office experience within a school office or a position involving a substantial amount of public contact.
The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board Policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.