- Substitute Custodian JobID: 1300
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Clean and maintain floors, fixtures, white boards, and furniture.
- Dispose of rubbish.
- Clean restrooms.
- Clean and sweep sidewalks, pick up and dispose of trash in parking lots and on school grounds, wash windows, and remove cobwebs.
- Assist with arranging furniture and equipment.
- Assist with general maintenance.
- Secure campus areas and set alarms.
- Clean cafeteria and dispose of rubbish.
- Provide summer cleaning including scrubbing and resurfacing floors, stripping and waxing floors, washing walls, fixtures, and furniture, and painting interior.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, climb, and push and pull 50 pounds. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to clean and maintain floors, fixtures, white boards, and furniture.
- Ability to perform general maintenance.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Previous custodial experience is preferred.
- Prior work experiences where duties were performed with minimum direct supervision and cooperation with others are desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- The working environment is the normal school setting and conditions include exposure to dirt and dust, and noise and vibration of maintenance equipment.
- Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
TITLE: Substitute Custodian
CLASSIFICATION: School Site – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Unit Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The classroom custodian will maintain school buildings and grounds to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean working environment at the school.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: