Substitute Custodian - Districtwide
- Substitute Custodian - Districtwide JobID: 1300
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Substitute Custodian
- Clean and maintain floors, fixtures, white boards, and furniture.
- Dispose of rubbish.
- Clean restrooms.
- Clean and sweep sidewalks, pick up and dispose of trash in parking lots and on school grounds, wash windows, and remove cobwebs.
- Assist with arranging furniture and equipment.
- Assist with general maintenance.
- Secure campus areas and set alarms.
- Clean cafeteria and dispose of rubbish.
- Provide summer cleaning including scrubbing and resurfacing floors, stripping and waxing floors, washing walls, fixtures, and furniture, and painting interior.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, climb, and push and pull 50 pounds. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to clean and maintain floors, fixtures, white boards, and furniture.
- Ability to perform general maintenance.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
CLASSIFICATION: School Site – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Unit Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The classroom custodian will maintain school buildings and grounds to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean working environment at the school.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Previous custodial experience is preferred.
Prior work experiences where duties were performed with minimum direct supervision and cooperation with others are desired.
The working environment is the normal school setting and conditions include exposure to dirt and dust, and noise and vibration of maintenance equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.