Substitute Bus Driver Part Time
- Substitute Bus Driver Part Time JobID: 2142
- Position Type:
Part Time/Bus Driver
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with passenger endorsement, Class B CDL Arizona Driver's License, Department of Transportation physical.
- Must have a good driving record, attend bus driver school and training.
- Must be available for extra duty assignments such as field and activity trips as required.
- Must have the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations regarding priorities and effectively handling emergencies.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Able to physically able to bend, climb, stoop, kneel, lift 60 pounds, and reach to load and unload disabled students and/or move students for safety or in emergency situations.
- Must have a command of the English language to provide answers to routine inquiries, to explain bus and safety procedures, and to communicate with others in obtaining information.
TITLE: Substitute Bus Driver P/T
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The school bus driver will transport children for school purposes in a safe and efficient manner.
1. Obey all traffic laws, Arizona Department of Transportation rules, and Roosevelt School District policies and procedures, and observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
2. Transport only authorized students on assigned routes, to and from school, and/or on field trips, or to and from special events.
3. Comply with mandatory safety regulations by inspecting the bus before each operation for mechanical defects and notifying the proper authority of any mechanical failure. Note all discrepancies and/or malfunctions using the Vehicle Check List and Maintenance Log at the conclusion of each day.
4. Ensure bus cleanliness both inside and outside by following Roosevelt School District procedures. Check the bus after each run for lost items and/or damage.
5. Maintain discipline and supervision while transporting only authorized students, report undisciplined students to the proper authority, and discharge students only at authorized stops.
6. Inform students about safety requirements.
7. Report verbally all accidents immediately and follow-up with a written report within 24 hours.
8. Attend in-service meetings.
9. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalency preferred; not required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFCATIONS:
Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with passenger endorsement, Class B CDL Arizona Driver's License, Department of Transportation physical.
The working environment is primarily a school bus operating in all weather extremes and includes exposure to vehicular traffic, bus fumes and odors, bus noise and vibration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Non-Contracted Part Time
Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level G ? Without High School Diploma or equivalency.
Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level H ? With High School Diploma or equivalency.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.