School Social Worker
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provides short-term individual counseling and small group counseling to students (i.e., maintains professional documentation, facilitates referrals to appropriate agencies, responds to requests for counseling in a timely manner).
- Provides direct social work assistance to children and their families (i.e. is available to meet with parents and school staff as to determine student/family needs, make contacts with appropriate agencies/resources to address needs, follows through with parents and/or agencies to ensure services received, maintains documentation of services provided for students/families).
- Develops and structures prevention curriculum programs consistent with current school needs and best practices (i.e. Social Emotional Learning, Bullying/Abuse Prevention, Drug Use Prevention).
- Collaborates with teachers, administrators, staff, and community by providing support and assistance with social/behavioral management, home visits, truancy, and referral to community resources. (i.e., provides services as needed and requested, serves as a consultant role to school and administrative staff, is readily available to assist school staff members as requested).
- Participates in crisis intervention services as requested by site administrators or Director or Social Emotional Learning (i.e., responds in a timely manner to crisis situations, assumes leadership or guidance roles as requested, facilitates referrals to appropriate agencies for needed follow-up as appropriate).
- Serves as the 504 coordinator to school(s) assigned.
- Complies with State statutes, Board policies, administrative procedures, school rules and regulations, i.e., carries out school and District policies and designated regulations, follows adopted procedures when trying to make changes.
- Conducts self appropriately toward staff and parents, i.e., exhibits self-control and good judgment, responds to problems in a constructive manner, demonstrates respect for the ideas and feelings of others, maintains a professional demeanor, dresses in an appropriate manner, exhibits pride in personal appearance, uses correct oral and written communication skills.
- Adheres to school day according to current Board policy and procedures, i.e., arrives at school at the designated hour, departs from school at the designated hour, adheres to approved daily schedule.
- Pursues professional growth opportunities, i.e., participates in staff development opportunities, attends conferences, meetings, seminars, attends workshops, reads professional literature.
- Maintains responsible attendance patterns, i.e., adheres to absence reporting procedures, absence patterns are not disruptive to services for students.
- Submits an annual and monthly report as requested by Director of Social Emotional Learning, i.e., submits documentation in a timely manner, follows adopted procedures and standards.
- Performance of other related duties as assigned by the Director of Social Emotional Learning.
- Master's degree in social work (M.S.W.) required
- L.C.S.W. or L.M.S.W preferred
- Standard School Social Worker, Pre-Kindergarten-12 Certificate from the Arizona Department of Education or be able to obtain one upon one year of employment.
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in social work or a related field working with families and children.
- Experience working with an ethnically diverse urban population.
- Ability to work effectively with district and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agencies.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Nine-month, Social Worker Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.
|School Social Worker||JobID: 2512|
TITLE: School Social Worker
REPORTS TO: Director of Social Wellness
SUMMARY: Under general supervision and work direction of the Director of Social Emotional Learning social worker should be knowledgeable in the role and duty of a social worker, child development, learning theory, and special education procedures and services.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: