School Bus Driver
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Obey all traffic laws, Arizona Department of Transportation rules, and Roosevelt School District policies and procedures, and observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Transport only authorized students on assigned routes, to and from school, and/or on field trips, or to and from special events.
- Comply with mandatory safety regulations by inspecting the bus before each operation for mechanical defects and notifying the proper authority of any mechanical failure. Note all discrepancies and/or malfunctions using the Vehicle Check List and Maintenance Log at the conclusion of each day.
- Ensure bus cleanliness both inside and outside by following Roosevelt School District procedures. Check the bus after each run for lost items and/or damage.
- Maintain discipline and supervision while transporting only authorized students, report undisciplined students to the proper authority, and discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Inform students about safety requirements.
- Report verbally all accidents immediately and follow-up with a written report within 24 hours.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with passenger endorsement, Class B CDL Arizona Driver's License, Department of Transportation physical.
- Must have a good driving record, attend bus driver school and training.
- Must be available for extra duty assignments such as field and activity trips as required.
- Must have the ability to make decisions in a variety of situations regarding priorities and effectively handling emergencies.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Able to physically able to bend, climb, stoop, kneel, lift 60 pounds, and reach to load and unload disabled students and/or move students for safety or in emergency situations.
- Must have a command of the English language to provide answers to routine inquiries, to explain bus and safety procedures, and to communicate with others in obtaining information.
|School Bus Driver
TITLE: Bus Driver
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Non-Exempt – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The school bus driver will transport children for school purposes in a safe and efficient manner.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency preferred; not required, Position may be offered at preceding level to individuals without a HS Diploma/GED
LICENSES OR CERTIFCATIONS: Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with passenger endorsement, Class B CDL Arizona Driver's License, Department of Transportation physical.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is primarily a school bus operating in all weather extremes and includes exposure to vehicular traffic, bus fumes and odors, bus noise and vibration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, Employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.