School Attendance Clerk - Davis
- School Attendance Clerk - Davis JobID: 1934
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based
- Date Posted:
John R. Davis Elementary
- Closing Date:
- Ability to type 40 words per minute and to demonstrate high degree of proficiency and accuracy with 10-key calculator.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for meeting with the general public and co-workers, District personnel, and administrators.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printers, and fax.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions in absence of specific direction.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, frequent telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills are helpful but not necessary.
TITLE: School Attendance Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: School Site - Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The school attendance clerk will provide accurate student attendance records and provide office and general clerical services to assist the school principal.
1. Call and receive calls from parents regarding student attendance.
2. Notify teachers and nurse of excused absences.
3. Enter student absences into database and generate absence reports.
4. Contact school resource officer regarding attendance problems.
5. Communicate with principal and teacher regarding excessive absences and referrals to school resource officer.
6. Record student tardies.
7. Provide students with passes to class or referrals to principal regarding tardiness.
8. Establish electronic student record including inputting registration, attendance records, withdrawals, and transfers.
9. Update student, class, and school rosters.
10. Complete and distribute registration and attendance reports to principal and District office.
11. Forward student records and files to pupil personnel at the District office.
12. Assist in greeting visitors to the school campus and answering inquiries or directing visitors to appropriate personnel.
13. Answer telephones and referring calls to appropriate personnel and take phone messages.
14. Provide backup services for school secretary and nurse.
15. Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
16. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Three-years of related office experience with demonstrated ability for office practices, procedures, and duties relevant to the attendance clerk duties.
The working environment is the normal school office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month year, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies. Starting salary based on Classified Hourly Salary Schedule.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.