- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- The school nurse will identify, assess, evaluate the physical well being of students and be aware of any of their mental and emotional problems.
- Maintain current cumulative health records for every student and protect the confidentiality of that information.
- Assess the areas of vision, hearing, dental health, obvious bone structure, deviations, skin conditions, genetic maladies, growth and development.
- Maintain current emergency card information.
- Provide accurate log of daily illness and accidents.
- Assume the responsibility for emergency care for students who are ill or injured.
- Provide administration with injury or emergency reports for both student and school staff, and follow district procedures in contacting outside agencies when necessary.
- Provide transportation to home, or emergency care for students who are injured or become ill at school.
- Analyze and evaluate student immunization records and past medical histories in order to communicate need for prevention and control of communicable disease and relate this information to parents.
- Arrange and conduct hearings with parents who fail to comply with immunization policy of school district.
- Communicate to parents the procedures necessary to obtain homebound instruction for students absent with prolonged illnesses.
- Work with community agencies by providing data helpful in preventing or controlling communicable disease.
- Provide information on the modes of transmission of communicable disease to student, faculty and parents, and when appropriate make home visits to instruct family in methods of prevention and care.
- Contribute to the decision-making process for placement of youngsters in special education classes by providing detailed medical and developmental histories.
- Communicate with parents relative to illness, injury, correction of health problems and the use of community resources.
- Inform the classroom teacher and other staff members of individual students with special health problems, recommending the adjustment of the educational program until problem can be corrected.
- Assist school personnel in understanding and accepting the student’s pressures from outside environment--parental, peer, and community.
- Counsel students in adjusting to their health status, correction of health problems and acceptance of their limitations.
- Serve as a health consultant and resource person in the school by demonstrating and giving instruction on health subjects.
- Provide faculty members with health information relating to specific screening programs, arranging for guest speakers and field trips.
- Supply faculty with current health and nutritional material including audio-visual aids and maintaining a library of health-related information for students and teachers.
- Serve as a liaison between parent, school and community in health matters.
- Provide consultation with administrators, teachers, and custodians regarding to potential health and safety problems in the classrooms, restrooms, cafeteria, on the playground and on the bus.
- Participate in monthly district meetings designed for the improvement of the total school health program.
- Assume responsibility for all matters related to providing free and reduced lunches as prescribed by the policy and maintain accurate records as required by District business office, state and federal governments.
- Work cooperatively with Child Protective Services and other governmental agencies concerning the welfare of students.
- Calls parents in regard to student absences, as directed by the principal.
- School Nurse must possess a current Arizona RN's license or Arizona LPN license and satisfactory background check.
- Experience as a school nurse is desired.
- The working environment is the normal office setting.
- Nine-month year, Nurse Salary Schedule/ Licensed Practical Nurse Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of staff.
CLASSIFICATION: Certified - Nurse
REPORTS TO: Director of Social Emotional Learning
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: