Parapro III - ESS - Behavior Support Program
- Parapro III - ESS - Behavior Support Program JobID: 1436
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based/Paraprofessional Special Needs
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide instruction and classroom management services under the direction and supervision of the classroom teacher.
- Provide instruction to individual students and small groups of students.
- Assist in developing and preparing instructional materials and training modules.
- Assist with the establishment and reinforcement of acceptable student behavior, attitudes, and social skills.
- Assist with student enrichment activities including field trips, art, music, drama, and recreation.
- Provide assistance to students with physical limitations.
- Assist students with personal care needs.
- Assist with record keeping for the instructional program and student records.
- Assist with the inventory and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Monitor and assist with transporting students to and from school and on field trips.
- Monitor and assist students during meal and recess periods.
- Maintain schedule established by supervising teacher.
- Use a variety of activities and materials approved by the supervising teacher.
- Work effectively with general and special education teachers.
- Supervise students as assigned by principal.
- Assist with student testing administration and scoring.
- Assist classroom teacher with general cleanup and preparation.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Able to work with detail and have patience and understanding of the basic learning process.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Able to bend, lift 40 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
TITLE: Paraprofessional III for Special and Regular Education
(All categories for regular and special education children ? including SLD, MR, ED, OI, SLI, OHI, TBI, VI, HI, MDSSI, MD and preschool PSD, PMD, and PSD)
CLASSIFICATION: School Site ? Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal with work direction from assigned teacher(s)
SUMMARY: The paraprofessional III will provide instructional and non-instructional (clerical) support for the assigned teacher(s).
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency and an AA degree or 60 hours of college credits or a passing score on a paraprofessional test.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in working with individuals with physical and learning needs.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.