Parapro II Grant Funded Monitor
- Parapro II Grant Funded Monitor JobID: 1733
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals Federally Funded
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide services to the classroom teacher by instructing individual or small groups of students.
- Monitor student activities as assigned by teacher.
- Distribute resource materials to students and pick up and store materials from individual students.
- Prepare bulletin boards and teaching aides.
- Make copies and collate materials.
- Assist with student testing administration and scoring.
- Provide assistance with audiovisual materials.
- Assist classroom teacher with general cleanup and preparation.
- Perform routine clerical and/or typing duties related to preparation of instruction.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency and an AA degree or 60 hours of college credits or a passing score on a paraprofessional test.
- English proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Aptitude for specific assignments and duties including knowledge of basic early childhood education.
- Good emotional and physical health.
- Able to bend, lift 25 pounds, and stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate.
- The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
- Full time; thirty five (35) hours per week.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
TITLE: Paraprofessional II Monitor – Instruction, Lunchroom, Playground Support
CLASSIFICATION: Federal Programs – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, Grant funded position contingent on continued external funding
REPORTS TO: Principal with work direction from assigned teacher(s)
SUMMARY: The Federal Programs Paraprofessional will provide instructional support for the assigned teacher(s).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: