Office Manager - Innovation and Learning Divison
- Office Manager - Innovation and Learning Divison JobID: 2290
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Proven executive administrative, office management or assistant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish helpful, but not necessary.
TITLE: Office Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Technical and Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Director
SUMMARY: The Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
1. Manage executives' schedules, calendars and appointments
2. Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
3. Organize orientation and training of new staff members
4. Design and implement filing systems
5. Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
6. Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
7. Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
8. Design and implement office policies and procedures
9. Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures
10. Analyze and monitor internal processes
11. Implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
12. Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
13. Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
14. Handle customer inquiries and complaints
15. Manage internal staff relations
16. Maintain a safe and secure working environment
17. Act as department representative in absence of Executive Director
18. Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency, Professional secretarial training and some college is preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: None
EXPERIENCE: Proven experience Executive Administrative Assistant or Office manager
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Technical and Professional Exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.