Maintenance Technician III - Plumber
- Maintenance Technician III - Plumber JobID: 1739
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- ? Ability to read schematics and building drawings.
- ? Ability to operate electric jackhammer, roto rooter, hammer drills, flame ionization unit, flukes, and other plumbing equipment.
- ? Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- ? Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
- ? Able to bend, stoop, climb, kneel, carry and lift 50 pounds, push and pull 200 pounds using a dolly, and reach to install and maintain plumbing.
TITLE: Plumber/Technician III
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
SUMMARY: As a member of the maintenance department, the plumber will maintain plumbing services necessary for the provision of a safe and sanitary educational and working environment.
1. Install, maintain, and repair pipes for water, gas, and air.
2. Install, maintain, and repair drains, sewage lines, and venting systems.
3. Install, maintain, and repair toilets, urinals, lavatories, and drinking fountains.
4. Install, maintain, and repair water heaters and cafeteria equipment.
5. Install, maintain, and repair circulating pumps and sprinkling systems.
6. Repair water leaks.
7. Test for gas leaks including testing underground, valves, connections, and cathode protection readings.
8. Clear stoppages and repair breaks and leaks.
9. Perform preventative maintenance on valves, washers, and gaskets.
10. Attend in-service meetings.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
? High school diploma or equivalency.
? Trade school and/or advanced training in plumbing.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:? Certification to work with gas, steam, and high-pressure water systems.
? Certificate in Pipe Safety from Arizona Corporation Commission.
? Arizona Class 4 driver’s license with good driving record.
? Three to five years of plumbing experience including knowledge of plumbing codes.
? The working environment includes exposure to dust, dirt, seasonal high and low temperatures, natural and methane gas fumes, and noise and vibration from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
? Twelve-month year, beginning salary classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
? Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.