Maintenance Technician I - General Maintenance
- Maintenance Technician I - General Maintenance JobID: 1848
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Tech I General Maintenance
- Install, repair, and maintain bathroom partitions and doors.
- Install, repair, and maintain coolers.
- Install and patch ceramic wall and floor tiles.
- Install and repair ceiling tile
- Patch holes in walls, sheetrock, and brick.
- Investigate and repair minor roof leaks.
- Install cove base.
- Repair rain gutters.
- Secure broken windows
- Install air conditioning filters in District office facilities.
- Pick up and deliver job-related materials and supplies.
- Assist all other Techs as needed.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate table saw, power guns, cordless drills and saws and tile cutters.
- Possess a basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, natural gas, masonry and carpentry and have the ability and desire to learn.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions for tools and equipment, and communicate with co-workers.
- Able to bend, stoop, climb, crawl, lift and carry 50 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds, crawl, kneel and climb ladders..
The work environment includes conditions with include exposure to dust, dirt, seasonal extreme conditions, fumes, odors, and noise and vibration from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor with direction from specialist/technician
SUMMARY: As a member of the maintenance department, the maintenance utility worker will provide skills necessary to install and repair District facilities in order to provide a safe learning and working environment.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of a supervisor, performs and assists in the following tasks:
High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Arizona Class 4 driver’s license with good driving record.