Maintenance Tech III - Heating/AC
- Maintenance Tech III - Heating/AC JobID: 2298
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Ability to use refrigeration tools, and perform repairs (including welding refrigeration joints) and tests on gas fired equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with computerized, energy management systems.
- Knowledge of proper storage and use of refrigerants.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including ability to understand complex schematics.
- Ability to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, lift and carry 75 pounds, and push and pull 100 pounds.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
TITLE: Maintenance Technician III /Heating and AC
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
SUMMARY: As a member of the maintenance department, the HVAC technician will keep District refrigerators and air conditioning units in good operating condition.
1 Provide installation, preventative maintenance, and repair services for District air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment.
2. Complete routine preventative maintenance calls for all heaters and refrigeration units including: repairing, oiling, and cleaning.
3. Respond to emergency repair of District air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating equipment.
4. Repair, replace, adjust and install controls and thermostats.
5. Maintain the operation of the energy management systems.
6. Implement the District's Energy Conservation Program.
7. Attend in-service meetings.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Arizona Class 4 driver's license with a good driving record.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five-years journeyman level experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is in conditions that include poor lighting, dust, dirt, seasonal high temperatures, fumes and odors from natural gas and refrigerants, and noise and vibration from equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.