- Lead Groundskeeper JobID: 2158
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office/Grounds Worker
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Operate all lawn equipment including dump truck, cherry picker, riding mowers, tractors, blowers, and gas powered chain saw.
- Work with and direct the grounds crew.
- Assist in training grounds crew on the safe operation of equipment and techniques for maintaining grounds.
- Work closely with the grounds supervisor to assure that all moving and trimming schedules do not interfere with instruction and the health of asthmatic students. Mowing will be done after the school day and on Saturdays to avoid student health issues and excessive noise.
- Examine lawn and grounds equipment for needed repair, and/or assist with preventative maintenance.
- Work with grounds crew in performing routine grounds keeping duties and repairs.
- Organize the hauling of grass clippings, tree and shrub trimmings, and other rubbish from school properties.
- Assist with cleaning walks and adjacent parking lots and ball courts after mowing.
- Operate a flexible work schedule including late afternoon, evening, and weekend day schedule during school operating periods.
- Notify school principals and grounds supervisor of any special projects that may be disruptive or of an unusual nature.
- Attend inservice meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of lawn care techniques and procedures including the safe operation of grounds equipment.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to communicate work directions orally and in writing, and to effectively interact with staff and administrators.
- Ability to make good decisions as they relate to how specific grounds keeping duties are completed.
- Ability to bend, climb, kneel, lift and carry 50 pounds, and push and pull 75 pounds.
- Ability to work with equipment, materials and processes that maintain the safety of the work environment.
TITLE: Lead Groundskeeper
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB GOAL: As a member of the maintenance department, the groundskeeper lead will provide supervise to grounds keeping crew and provide safe and well-maintained grounds.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Arizona driver’s license with good driving record.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in grounds keeping or general maintenance.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is outside in all types of weather and includes exposure to dust, dirt, seasonal high temperatures, fumes and odors from lawn equipment, and noise and vibration from machinery.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.