Instruction - Homebound (INTERNAL ONLY)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- The homebound teacher is responsible for providing educational services to students who have been medically designated as unable to attend school.
- Evaluates students’ growth in skills, knowledge, and behavior; keeps appropriate records required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations; and reports progress to parents by completing IEP’s and individual progress reports for the parent, school, and district file.
- Other duties include maintaining a gradebook, reporting grades to the school the student is officially enrolled in, and keeping a log of parent contact.
- Acts as a liaison with staff, students, and parents regarding education-related purposes of the Homebound program. Communicates with regular classroom teacher regarding student’s achievement, instructional support, lesson plans, attendance, behavior issues, and student’s overall progress. Participates in parent/teacher conferences as requested.
- The homebound teacher is required to document punctual attendance records, all instruction times and activities and get this signed off by the Student Services Supervisor.
- These educational services are provided outside of normal contract times (a total of 4 hours each week - 3 hours of instruction and 1 hour of preparation).
- Instructional techniques to meet the various learning styles of students.
- Maintaining accurate records on students.
- Delivering effective lessons to students.
- Identifying learning styles and student’s needs, assigning lessons to meet those needs.
- Writing clear and concise progress notes on each student.
- Organizing and managing time.
- Managing a mobile classroom to create an effective learning environment.
- Recognizing students’ different needs and developing activities to enhance learning.
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
|Instruction - Homebound (INTERNAL ONLY)||JobID: 2527|
Roosevelt School District
TITLE: Instruction – Homebound
REPORTS TO: Student Services Supervisor
COMPENSATION: $27 per hour, as needed
SUMMARY: Under general direction, this position is responsible for creating lesson plans based on district curriculum and the Homebound program. Incumbent follows, assesses, and completes Individualized Education Program (IEP’s) for students. The schedule and method of delivery of educational services shall be mutually agreed upon between the student’s guardian(s) and the teacher.
Bachelor’s degree in Elementary or Secondary Education is required.
LICENCES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Arizona Teacher Certificate with endorsement/approved content areas as needed
A valid DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
Minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience is preferred.