Information System Specialist
- Position Type:
Student Support Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide student management software support to end-users in school sites and district office locally and remotely.
- Perform student management software installation/upgrades
- Responsible for the information systems operation duties (reports, back up, disaster recovery procedures, system monitoring, etc.)
- Provide training and instruction in the use of the district student management system.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation for software and hardware changes in district systems.
- Responsible for the documentation of the district information systems.
- Customized programming and scripting when required.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge and ability to work with highly complex situations and procedures.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment to set priorities and make decisions.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
|Information System Specialist||JobID: 2547|
TITLE: Information Systems Specialist – Student Management
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Technical Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Student Records Supervisor
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision provide technical software support for Districts student management application. This includes troubleshooting, monitoring and maintaining applications. This position also requires providing training regarding the student management programs.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Certification as Microsoft product specialist or certification as Microsoft solution developer and SQL programming experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One to three-years of experience supporting application software. Experience in product development and database systems with experience working with Windows environment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Technical and Professional Exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.