Health Service Technician
- Health Service Technician JobID: 2151
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Health Service Technician
- Date Posted:
T.G. Barr Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   JOB TITLE: Health Service Technician
- Accompany ill or injured students to their homes when necessary,
- Administer medication only in accordance with board adopted policy,
- Provide emergency services for illnesses or injuries occurring at school; calling paramedics when appropriate, in accordance with plans and procedures developed by a district nurse (RN), the physician for the district and / or principal,
- Help observe students to detect health needs (impetigo, lice, etc.),
- Assist in maintaining school health files, supplies; records communications as directed by principal,
- Participate in in-service training programs,
- Assist in the maintenance of health office environment by:
- Ride the handicapped school bus so as to assist students with severe health problems if emergencies arise.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the principal and or assistant principal.
- Assist in vision and hearing screenings with other medical related field personnel.
- Participates in monthly nursing meetings.
- Learn to become proficient in medical procedures in the absence of the RN i.e. – Trach Suctioning and Trach care, G-Tube feeding and G-Tube care, catherization, SVNTX via Trach, etc.
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: School Principal
Under supervision by the school principal, the Health Service Technician will assist in an effort to promote the fullest educational opportunity for each student by providing health services and helping minimize absences due to illness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With directions from the principal the Health Service Technician shall:
-Keeping the health office clean, including beds, sinks, thermometers, etc.
High School diploma/GED
Graduate of an accredited medical related program (minimum 60 credit hours) or related field
Current First Aide Card
Current CPR Card
Previous health care experience a plus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine months, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with board policy