- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office/Grounds Worker
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Operate all lawn equipment including riding mowers, tractors, blowers, and gas powered chain saw.
- Plant, cut, edge, and fertilize lawns.
- Clean walks and adjacent parking lots and ball courts after mowing.
- Plant, cut, and trim trees and shrubs.
- Haul grass clippings, tree and shrub trimmings, and other rubbish from school properties.
- Haul lawn supplies, sand, and gravel.
- Repair fences and other items on the grounds.
- Check equipment for oil, gas, water, and safe operating condition on a daily basis.
- Attend inservice meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency preferred; not required.
- Experience as a groundskeeper is preferred.
- Previous work experience where duties were performed with a minimum of direct supervision and required cooperation with other staff members is preferred.
- Ability to bend, climb, kneel, lift and carry 50 pounds, and push and pull 75 pounds.
- A general knowledge of English is necessary to read and interpret routine information including work schedules, memos, and instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with staff.
- Ability to work with equipment, materials, and processes that maintain the safety of the work environment.
- The working environment is outside in all types of weather and includes exposure to dust, dirt, seasonal high temperatures, fumes and odors from lawn equipment, and noise and vibration from machinery.
- Twelve-month year.
- Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level A – Without High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level B – With High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
SUMMARY: As a member of the grounds crew, the groundskeeper will provide safe and well-maintained grounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2125