- Groundskeeper JobID: 2125
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Operate all lawn equipment including riding mowers, tractors, blowers, and gas powered chain saw.
- Plant, cut, edge, and fertilize lawns.
- Clean walks and adjacent parking lots and ball courts after mowing.
- Plant, cut, and trim trees and shrubs.
- Haul grass clippings, tree and shrub trimmings, and other rubbish from school properties.
- Haul lawn supplies, sand, and gravel.
- Repair fences and other items on the grounds.
- Check equipment for oil, gas, water, and safe operating condition on a daily basis.
- Attend inservice meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to bend, climb, kneel, lift and carry 50 pounds, and push and pull 75 pounds.
- A general knowledge of English is necessary to read and interpret routine information including work schedules, memos, and instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with staff.
- Ability to work with equipment, materials, and processes that maintain the safety of the work environment.
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
SUMMARY: As a member of the grounds crew, the groundskeeper will provide safe and well-maintained grounds.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalency preferred; not required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Experience as a groundskeeper is preferred. Previous work experience where duties were performed with a minimum of direct supervision and required cooperation with other staff members is preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level A – Without High School Diploma or Equivalency.
Classified Hourly Salary Schedule Level B – With High School Diploma or Equivalency.
Employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.