General Maintenance - Tech I
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Install, repair, and maintain bathroom partitions and doors.
- Install, repair, and maintain coolers.
- Install and patch ceramic wall and floor tiles.
- Install and repair ceiling tile
- Patch holes in walls, sheetrock, and brick.
- Investigate and repair minor roof leaks.
- Install cove base.
- Repair rain gutters.
- Secure broken windows
- Install air conditioning filters in District office facilities.
- Pick up and deliver job-related materials and supplies.
- Assist all other Techs as needed.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Arizona Class 4 driver’s license with good driving record – required.
- Ability to operate table saw, power guns, cordless drills and saws and tile cutters.
- Possess a basic knowledge of electricity, plumbing, natural gas, masonry, carpentry and have the ability and desire to learn.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions for tools and equipment, and communicate with co-workers.
- Able to bend, stoop, climb, crawl, lift and carry 50 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds, crawl, kneel and climb ladders.
- The work environment includes conditions with include exposure to dust, dirt, seasonal extreme conditions, fumes, odors, and noise and vibration from machinery.
- Twelve-month year, classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
|General Maintenance - Tech I||JobID: 2370|
TITLE: Tech I – General Maintenance
CLASSIFICATION: Maintenance Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor with direction from Specialist/Technician
SUMMARY: As a member of the maintenance department the maintenance utility worker will provide general knowledge of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, and landscape skills necessary to install and repair district facilities in order to provide a safe learning and working environment. The right candidate will be the type of person that can tackle different trades and assist others across the board when needed.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the direction of a supervisor, performs and assists in the following tasks:
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2370