Family and Community Engagement Liaison
- Family and Community Engagement Liaison JobID: 2208
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals Federally Funded
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Assist Family and Community Engagement (FACE) Coordinators with parent recruitment and parent involvement to increase academic achievement.
- Plan parent meetings, workshops, and trainings at the school and District levels.
- Assist in distributing information regarding parent meetings, parenting classes, workshops, in- services, and community services as provided by the school, District, and federal programs department.
- Collaborate with District Instructional Coaches to coordinate, develop, and design strategies for reading, math, and other curricula for families to assist in working with their children.
- Teach and conduct parenting classes, in-services, and workshops for parents and school staff.
- Maintain parent database as it relates to parent participation in classes, workshops, and otherprograms for the purpose of program monitoring, generating reports, evaluation and for providing better services for children, parents, and school staff.
- Prepare instructional packets for students and parents to support strategic areas of need, as communicated by the teacher.
- Meet with classroom teachers to determine specific learning problems of identified students to assist with the development of parent assistance programs for these children.
- Meet with FACE Coordinators to identify specific learning problems per school site to assist in developing strategies, providing academic resources to support those identified families.
- Provide support to District Departments relating to parents to provide supportive services to families.
- Implement and utilize the “Active Parenting” program.
- Support FACE Coordinators with home visits as needed.
- Create forms, letters, flyers, and notices pertaining to parenting classes, in-services, workshops, and other events occurring at the school site, District office, and Title I site.
- Assist the District with special projects.
- Create parent involvement documents for the Director of Community Engagement.
- Act as a liaison between the parent aides, parent program coordinator, federal programs
- Act as a liaison between FACE Coordinators, and the Director of Community Engagement, and Superintendent.
- Plan and create parent involvement activities during the summer months.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Build knowledge of appropriate community services and resources to create partnerships make appropriate referrals for parents.
- Support, coordinate, assign, and implement the activities of RSD engagement, retention, and communications teams, ensuring achievement of milestones and deadlines.
- Supervise remote engagement team member(s) as assigned, providing a positive environment dedicated to achieving outcomes and milestones.
- Train others as needed to identify, build, and maintain relationships/partnerships with community organizations, provider offices, and faith-based organizations to enhance presence in the community.
- Proactively identify and monitor barriers to enrollment and retention and problem-solve or innovate to overcome them.
- Prepare periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Apply legal, regulatory and policy parameters to promote ethical practices in research involving human participants and to ensure compliance to those regulations.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience preferred. (E.g., Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field)
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Two years demonstrated experience leading, supervising, or training employees (virtual and in-person)
- Trained to implement the district’s approved parenting program.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators of the targeted community.
- Ability to teach, train, and evaluate effectiveness of parenting classes, workshops, and in- services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and applications.
- Technologically competent.
- Experience building relationships & partnerships across organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and computer skills.
- Outstanding strategic thinking, planning and communications skills.
- Self-motivated, willing, and able take initiative.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, resolving issues with a positive outcome.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
- Substantive experience with detailed marketing and/or communications-related project management programs to maintain and provide daily, weekly, and monthly progress reporting to various stakeholders.
- Familiarity with highly technical or cloud-based collaboration tools, including SharePoint Teams, and with social media applications.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, and staff
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) with proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking.
TITLE: Family and Community Engagement Liaison
CLASSIFIATION: Federal Programs – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORT TO: Director of Communications & Community Engagement
The Family and Community Engagement Liaison will work closely with administrative leaders and engagement coordinators at our schools across RSD, and report to Communications & Community Engagement Director. Will provide programs and services that promote and encourage parents to participate in their child’s education, provide technical assistance and training to parent program coordinators.
In addition, work with its engagement and communication teams to ensure that oversight and approval of messaging and activities are obtained and disseminated. Local materials and messages are tailored to individual communities as part of our Engagement, Outreach, and Dissemination activities, for diverse racial/ethnic and geographically diverse communities and individuals. *Travel: This position works from our Phoenix, AZ (Phoenix Neighborhood House) location and will require occasional in -state travel for professional committee meetings, presentations, and site events. (30%).
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience as a District level parent facilitator and/or parent program coordinator.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month contracted, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.