Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Family and Community Engagement Coordinator JobID: 1737
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals Federally Funded
- Date Posted:
C.J. Jorgensen Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Assist with parent recruitment and parent involvement.
- Plan parent meetings, conferences, and workshops at the District and school level.
- Assist in the distribution of information regarding parent meetings, parenting classes, workshops, in-services, and community services as provided by the District, Federal Programs, and school sites.
- Coordinate, develop, and design strategies for parents in reading, math, and other curricula to assist them in working with their children.
- Teach and conduct parenting classes, in-services, and workshops for parents and school staff.
- Maintain a parent database as it relates to parent participation in classes, in-services, workshops, and other programs for the purpose of program monitoring and evaluation and to provide improved services for children, parents, and staff.
- Prepare instructional packets for students and parents to support strategic areas of need as communicated by the teacher..
- Meet with classroom teachers to determine specific learning problems of identified students to assist parents with resources to support learning and academic achievement.
- Communicate with the principal regarding strategies and programs to enhance parent participation.
- Communicate with the principal and the Federal Programs Director any special needs identified by parents that relate to supportive services needed for the family that affect the student's learning and environment.
- Communicate and provide advice to principal on effective methods to increase parent participation at parent-teacher conferences, parent-teacher meetings, site council meetings, and parenting classes.
- Implement and use the District's parenting program.
- Create forms, letters, flyers, and notices regarding parent classes, in-services, workshops, and other District, Title I, and school events.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Relevant college coursework preferred.
- College or approved coursework or training in providing parenting classes.
- Approved training to provide the District's parenting program.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with parents.
- Ability to communicate with community members, leaders, and business people to inform them about Title I and District programs.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish preferred.
- Skill in using a personal computer including Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to develop parenting classes, in-services, and workshops.
- Ability to teach, train, and evaluate the effectiveness of parenting classes.
TITLE: Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Federal Programs – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, Grant funded position contingent on continued external funding
REPORTS TO: Federal Programs Director and School Principal
SUMMARY: The family and community coordinator will provide programs and services to promote and encourage parents to participate in their child's education. The family and community coordinator will arrange parent meetings and parenting classes, compiling information for a parent newsletter.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid Arizona driver's license, good driving record, and own transportation.
Three years of experience as an instructional, classroom and/or teacher assistant.
The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, bus is usually moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 month Non-contracted, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, up to 29 hours a week employee.