Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals Federally Funded
- Date Posted:
T.G. Barr Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Assist with parent recruitment and parent involvement.
- Plan parent meetings, conferences, and workshops at the district and school level.
- Assist in the distribution of information regarding parent meetings, parenting classes, workshops, in-services, and community services as provided by the District and school sites.
- Coordinate meetings with principal and school administration to plan, strategize and provide updates of the ongoing planned activities.
- Coordinate, develop, and design strategies for parents in reading, math, and other curricula to assist them in working with their children.
- Teach and conduct parenting classes, in-services, and workshops for parents and school staff.
- Maintain a parent database as it relates to parent participation in classes, in-services, workshops, and other programs for the purpose of program monitoring and evaluation and to provide improved services for children, parents, and staff.
- Prepare instructional packets for students and parents to support strategic areas of need as communicated by the teacher.
- Meet with classroom teachers to determine specific learning problems of identified students to assist parents with resources to support learning and academic achievement.
- Communicate with the principal regarding strategies and programs to enhance parent participation.
- Communicate with the principal and Director of Communication & Community Engagement any special needs identified by parents that relate to supportive services needed for the family that affect the student's learning and environment.
- Communicate and provide advice to principal on effective methods to increase parent participation at parent-teacher conferences, parent-teacher meetings, site council meetings, and parenting classes.
- Implement and use the district's parenting program.
- Create forms, letters, flyers, and notices regarding parent classes, in-services, workshops, and other District, Title I, and school events.
- Attend in-service training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Relevant college coursework preferred.
- College or approved coursework or training in providing parenting classes.
- Approved training to provide the district's parenting program.
- Valid Arizona driver's license and good driving record.
- Three years of experience as an instructional, classroom and/or teacher assistant preferred.
- Marketing and advertising experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with parents.
- Ability to communicate with community members, leaders, and businesspeople to inform them about Title I and District programs.
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish preferred.
- Skill in using a personal computer including Microsoft Word and applications. Ability to develop parenting classes, in-services, and workshops.
- Ability to teach, train, and evaluate the effectiveness of parenting classes.
- Innovation & technology savvy to facilitate organizational and communication effectiveness.
- Project management to maintain and provide daily, weekly, and monthly progress reporting to various stakeholders.
- The work environment is a normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud but is usually moderate.
- 9-months contracted, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, 35 hours per week.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
|Family and Community Engagement Coordinator||JobID: 1737|
TITLE: Family and Community Engagement Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Federal Programs – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, Grant funded position contingent on continued external funding
REPORTS TO: School Principal and Director of Communication & Community Engagement
SUMMARY: The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will provide programs and services to promote and encourage parents to participate in their child's education. The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will arrange parent meetings and parenting classes, compiling information and resources to activate parent participation. The Family and Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible to build relationships with community partners, organizations and participate in outreach events to increase student retention and parent engagement in the available programs.
A successful candidate will enjoy interacting with people from diverse backgrounds and can build rapport with others quickly.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1737