Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Work collaboratively with the superintendent, lead stakeholder engagement in the development and
- implementation of innovative standards-based curriculum. Create, lead and support implementation of standards-based curriculum across all content areas. Support principals in high quality implementation of standards-based curriculum and in ensuring their staff understand the guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Communicate, advocate, and facilitate the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to district goals and state standards.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret student achievement data to maximize curriculum, assessment and instructional resources available to schools.
- Assist with ensuring the district-wide professional development and implementation of standards based-instruction.
- Ensure school administrators have support in identifying effective research-based strategies, and assist with professional development activities and data-based decision-making aimed at improving student achievement.
- Conduct site visits to schools to assess the implementation of the guaranteed and viable curriculum and the quality of instruction throughout the district.
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the implementation of district-wide assessments.
- Collect, analyze and interpret student achievement data to maximize enriched and innovative student learning opportunities available to schools.
- Serve as the leader of the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Team.
- Supervise the members of the Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Team.
- Interpret and communicate federal, state, and district law, policy or procedure related to instruction, curriculum, use of educational materials and required school procedures and reports.
- Lead and manage budgets across curriculum, instruction and assessments in collaboration with directors on the curriculum, instruction, and assessment team. This includes management for budgets across multiple funding sources.
- Prepare and deliver reports related to program effectiveness and monitoring to the superintendent and the Governing Board, including recommendations for new polies or revisions to existing policies as conditions change. Ensure District compliance with all Arizona and Federal laws and reporting requirements.
- Respond to concerns in a respectful, collaborative and timely manner.
- Serves as a team member of the Superintendent’s Leadership Team and participates in district-wide planning, development, and evaluation to support divisional initiatives and processes.
- Directs and provides leadership to assigned personnel, conducts performance appraisals, makes recommendations for appropriate employment actions, and promotes professional growth.
- Facilitates solutions and identifies discrepancies between goals and current status for areas of responsibility in order to stimulate achievement, and provide support for assigned departments continuous improvement objectives and strategies.
- Advises and counsels the Superintendent on areas of responsibility and recommends necessary actions for the most efficient operation.
- Builds synergistic partnerships among principals, parents, businesses, and other community stakeholders, and establishes relationships with community leadership and stakeholders to build support for RSD programs.
- Represents the Superintendent of Schools as needed to clearly articulate system priorities, policies, and interests.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Administration/Leadership/Curriculum and Instruction or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A valid Arizona administrative certificate
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona’s Department of Public Safety
- Three (3) to five (5) years of teaching experience required, minimum of three (3) years of building level administrative experience required, additional leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrate skill for developing, monitoring, and evaluating curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Knowledge of school law.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis, curriculum, assessment and instruction, budgeting and accounting, special education laws and federal programs laws.
- Understanding of strategy development and implementation in a public education system.
- Knowledge of effective structures for collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated skill for organizing coordinating, supervising and evaluating programs at both the pilot and scale level.
- Understanding and experience in the best practices for English Language Learners (ELL), special education, and gifted and talented learners.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to promote and follow Board and District policies.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively in a team setting.
- The work environment is the standard office and school settings.
- Twelve-month exempt. Employee benefits in accordance with Governing Board polices.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy.
|Executive Director of Teaching and Learning||JobID: 2367|
TITLE: Executive Director of Teaching and Learning
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SUMMARY: As a member of the Leadership Team, provides supervision and leadership for the translation of the District’s Educational philosophy, strategic goals, and objectives into active services and programs that directly benefit each student. Effectively assists the Superintendent in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, monitoring and maintaining exceptional educational programs and services at each school in the District.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: