Executive Director of Business Services
- Position Type:
Administration-District Office/Administration - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
- Assists the Superintendent in preparing recommendations regarding the annual budget for programs, divisions and departments within the District.
- Prepares and submits to the Superintendent information and recommendations as they relate to the financial affairs of the District.
- Monitors the budget throughout the fiscal year and recommends action to control expenditures within budget limits.
- Serves as custodian for and maintains adequate financial records for the District including Revolving Funds, Student Activity Funds and General Operating Funds.
- Submits a quarterly administrative report to the Superintendent on the operations of all areas of Business Services.
- Considers the educational implications associated with each purchasing decision, prepares suitable specifications and standards and utilizes good purchasing principles and procedures. Understands the effect the educational program on the financial structure of the community and exercises sound judgment in a proper balance between the two.
- Makes recommendations to the superintendent in regard to legal and safe pupil transportation, plans for new school buildings, improvements, alterations, and other changes in the buildings and equipment of the District.
- Maintains financial accounts, business and property records as required by statute, State Board policies, and requirements outlined in the Uniform System of Financial Records.
- Conducts formal and informal research into the operational procedures, practices, materials, and techniques of the Business Services Division
- Organizes, directs and conducts in-service training aimed at increasing the skills of school personnel in understanding, projecting and administering budgets.
- Provides effective procedures and safeguards in accounting for public funds.
- Maintains a risk management program for the District.
- Provides for the operation and maintenance of facilities.
- Advises and assists Supervisors in maintaining their budgets within established allotments.
- Supervise and assist in the evaluation employee groups assigned to the Business Services Division.
- Recruits or assists in securing appropriate personnel for positions in the Business Services Division.
- Attends Governing Board meetings and presents Business Agenda items as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful experience in supervision and management of personnel in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- The ability to work cooperatively with staff, directors and supervisors to develop and implement a team approach
|Executive Director of Business Services
TITLE: Executive Director of Business Services
CLASSIFICATION: Executive Administrator
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SUMMARY: As a member of the Leadership Team, provides supervision and leadership for the translation of the District’s Educational philosophy, strategic goals, and objectives into active services and programs that directly benefit each student. Effectively assists the Superintendent in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, monitoring and maintaining exceptional educational programs and services at each school in the District.
A Bachelors Degree including courses in accounting and/or school finance and school law. Master’s preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Business Manager’s Certification or Certified Public Accountant preferred.
Three to five years school finance experience. School district experience and Finance department experience. Experience in development/administration of district and school budgets. Possesses the ability to think analytically, creating reports that support the district's vision and mission to ensure systemic financial stability and security. Uses financial data to project effective analysis of efficient use of funds. Experience with grants, financial data analysis, financial projections, Visions management, and ADE partnerships.
The working environment is the normal office setting with travel to school sites.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month year, Executive Director, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.