Executive Assistant - Leadership and Learning
- Executive Assistant - Leadership and Learning JobID: 2123
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provide general clerical and typing services to the director of leadership and learning including word processing from rough or final drafts, preparing and processing department correspondence, receiving visitors, answering telephones, and preparing reports and special projects.
- Order department supplies and maintain budgets.
- Compose correspondence and portions of special projects and routine reports.
- Establish and maintain effective filing and follow-up systems.
- Open, sort, and distribute mail to department offices, attaching materials and reviewing related items of importance with department administrator.
- Establish and maintain appointment calendar and coordinate meeting agendas.
- Order supplies and equipment using invoices and vouchers.
- Make arrangements for coordinating meetings, conferences, and other special events.
- Participate in budget projects and new fiscal year preparations.
- Monitor and analyze budgets and advise department administrator of status.
- Research and prepare portions of programs and grant proposals and other special projects.
- Prepare Board agenda items.
- Review District policy, state regulations, and federal regulations as related to the Academic Services Department.
- Compile and prioritize issues and concerns related to agenda items for the department.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge and ability to explain district practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public school budgets and accounting systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of English proficiency for completing tasks, telephone communication, and preparation of written communication including skills in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills are desirable for providing verbal interpretation and translating but not necessary.
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, printer, fax, and calculator.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
TITLE: Executive Assistant – Leadership and Learning
CLASSIFICATION: Leadership and Learning – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Director of Leadership and Learning
SUMMARY: The executive assistant will provide office and general clerical services to assist with reports, data collection, and record maintenance.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Professional secretarial training is preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Five-years related office experience with experience in the Roosevelt District preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.