- Dispatcher/Trainer JobID: 2040
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Complete school bus driver training, including knowledge of state rules and regulations, district policies and rules, a state mandated road test, classroom and refresher training, and first aid and CPR classes.
- Train new drivers for CDL and School Bus Driver certification.
- Plan and revise bus routes, schedules, and field trips.
- Adjust time schedules as assigned maintaining pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Call and schedule substitute bus drivers.
- Receive and respond to complaints from parents, teachers, and administration.
- Dispatch buses per route assignment.
- Notify appropriate school officials immediately of lost children or passengers.
- Complete all required forms including but not limited to pre-trip inspections, maintenance requests, field trip forms, mileage logs, student count, and discipline citations in a timely manner.
- Maintain good relations with parents, teachers, and schools.
- Assists supervisor with evaluations and supervising employees.
- Supervises employees in absence of supervisor.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate in a concise manner and ability to make a variety of transportation decisions.
- Leadership skills are required to provide work direction and handling difficult situations with parents and caregivers.
- Computer skills to schedule routes, to use word-processing, and to email.
- Knowledge of transportation standards and applicable policy and regulations.
- Familiarity and compliance with safety procedures.
- English proficiency is required to be able to communicate effectively with parents, co-workers and administrators. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
- Must be physically able to bend, climb, stoop, kneel, lift 60 pounds, and reach to load and unload disabled students and/or move students for safety in emergency situations.
CLASSIFICATION: Transportation Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The dispatcher/trainer will facilitate orderly and efficient and safe operation of the Transportation Department and assist the Transportation Supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Arizona School Bus Driver Certificate with passenger endorsement, Class B CDL Arizona Driver’s License, and Department of Transportation physical.
Arizona State Classroom and Behind the Wheel Training Certificate.
First Aide and CPR certificates.
Three years experience in dispatching duties to include planning and scheduling routes.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working conditions include an office setting and a school bus operating in all weather extremes and includes exposure to vehicular traffic, bus fumes and odors, bus noise and vibration.
TERMS OF EMPLOYEMENT: Twelve-month year, beginning salary classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.