Director of Communication and Community Engagement
- Director of Communication and Community Engagement JobID: 2128
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Promote open and positive communication between the District, schools and the community.
- Develop annual media management and content marketing strategies.
- Draft and distribute media releases, newsletters, website content and other strategic messaging.
- Provide assistance to District staff in the development of media and marketing publications.
- Develop systems for coordinating and tracking school and District events and programs, as well as employee accomplishments, for the purpose of content marketing and media promotion; regularly visit school sites for event coverage, storytelling, content marketing and other promotional purposes.
- Collect and maintain files for news articles and media notices about the District.
- Participate in various external organizations, development and implementation of partnerships among external organizations, schools and the District.
- Responsible for development, coordination, execution, and oversight of a strategic partnership program that yields strong, long-lasting partnerships with external businesses, organizations and individuals with measurable results.
- Attend Governing Board, District, and community meetings, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use technology to design and produce District publications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work independently and rely on personal judgment to make decisions.
- English proficiency is required for completing tasks, particularly composing and preparing official District correspondence and publications.
- Bilingual English and Spanish skills are helpful but not necessary.
- Ability to explain District issues, practices, and procedures in a logical and concise manner.
- Ability to work with detail and a high degree of accuracy under pressure.
- Ability to secure and maintain the confidence of officials, employees, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District staff and administrators, media organizations, students, parents, agencies, and the public in a multicultural community.
- Ability to use discretion in releasing or distributing confidential information.
- Directs and manages the District’s public information activities.
- Serves as the primary information liaison, providing accurate information to and soliciting useful feedback from the community, media, and other stakeholders.
- Serves as the District spokesperson and coordinates media relations activities.
- Serves as the District’s custodian of records for Arizona Public Information Act requests.
- Prepares press releases and publishes articles and photos in local media and other publications.
- Supervises publications and audio/visual productions developed within the public relations department.
- Plans and implements internal and external communication programs and strategies with schools and department directors.
- Coordinates with the Superintendent to develop effective communication strategies.
- Serves as District representative on community committees as required.
- Aligns public information activities with District goals and objectives.
- Uses social media to improve District communications.
- Oversees the partnerships in education and the volunteers in public school programs.
- Represents the District’s interest when conducting business with other agencies and organization
TITLE: Director of Communication and Community Engagement
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
SUMMARY: Director of Communication and Community Engagement is responsible for developing and implementing an overall public relations strategy and engenders strong support for the District, including the development and administration of internal and external communication plans and programs. This position implements public information, activates community relations and has contact with local media to generate a climate of understanding of the Roosevelt School District to the community-at-large.
MAJOR RESPONISIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Communication and Community Relations
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field and/or a combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
EXPERIENCE: Three-years of job-related professional experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, director salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy.
This is an outline of the position’s duties and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.