- Custodian JobID: 2111
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Clean and maintain floors, fixtures, and furniture.
- Dispose of rubbish.
- Clean District Office restrooms.
- Assist with arranging furniture and equipment for meetings at the District Office.
- Secure the building and offices after offices close or at the conclusion of evening meetings.
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift 50 pounds, climb, push and pull 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
- Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers.
TITLE: Custodian – District Office
CLASSIFICATION: Custodial Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Custodial Supervisor
SUMMARY: As a member of the custodial department the District office custodian will maintain District buildings and grounds in order to provide a safe, comfortable, and clean working environment.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred; not required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Previous custodial experience is preferred.
Prior work experiences where duties were performed with minimum direct supervision and cooperation with others are desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment includes exposure to dirt and dust, and noise and vibration of floor care equipment.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule,
Level A - Without High School Diploma or equivalency.
Level B - With High School Diploma or equivalency.
Employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.