- Crossing Guard JobID: 1845
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Complete crosswalk training program before assuming responsibility for the crosswalk.
- Establish and maintain good student conduct at the crosswalk.
- Stop oncoming traffic by raising red hand-carried stop sign.
- Enter the crosswalk with the children.
- Assure that students walk in the crosswalk.
- Remain on crossing site on side of street where children will be crossing.
- Be on duty at the designated times to promote timely routines for children.
- Report unsafe student behavior in or near the crosswalk to the school principal.
- Report the license number of vehicles that violate school zone safety regulations.
- Set up crossing signs as needed.
- Attend inservice training for continued professional development.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good physical condition, including adequate vision and hearing, necessary to fulfill performance responsibilities.
- Knowledge and command of English to understand oral and written instructions in order to complete check lists and simple forms.
TITLE: Crossing Guard
CLASSIFICATION: School Site – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The crossing guard will provide assistance to students at specified crosswalks, promoting safe pedestrian traffic procedures.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is outside in all types of weather and exposure to vehicular traffic, noise and exhaust fumes.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.