CNS Program and Catering Specialist
- CNS Program and Catering Specialist JobID: 2282
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Able to work weekends or evening as needed
- Knowledge of USDA, Federal School Meals Program, and county health department regulations, standards, and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of District personnel, employees, community representatives, and professional child nutrition service organizations
- Ability to use computer spreadsheets, management information report formats, and other computer functions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze the efficiencies of child nutrition service related procedures and processes
- Knowledge and ability to use commercial kitchen equipment safely
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment for self and others
- Proficiency in English and general communication skills (oral and written) for providing work direction and interacting with staff, students, and administration
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds using a cart with wheels, and ability to bend, reach, walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Experience in catering including menu and recipe creation, production, costing, implementation and event supervision.
TITLE: CNS Program and Catering Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Technical and Professional Exempt
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Services Supervisor
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Child Nutrition Services Supervisor, the CNS Program and Catering Specialist will develop student and catering menus, conduct nutritional analysis and education, conduct training and offer support to sites and oversee all aspects of catering functions.
1. Assist in planning, implementing, coordinating reviewing and evaluation of food service program menus and operations for all sites to ensure compliance with the guidelines and regulations of the USDA National School Lunch Program.
2. Assist in ordering food and supplies including produce, bakery and directly delivered items to sites.
3. Assist with effective utilization of USDA resources. Planned usage, processing, proper allocation based on planned menus
4. Assist in planning and overseeing all aspects of special programs including FFV, Summer Feeding, CAFCP, special dietary needs,
5. Assist and train managers on counting, claiming and P.O.S. procedures as needed.
6. Create recipes and production training materials for managers and staff at all sites to ensure uniformity and consistent quality.
7. Conduct taste tests, nutritional education and other studies/projects to enhance the quality of the student dining experience.
8. Assist managers, supervisors and CNS staff at sites as needed.
9. Conduct in person site visits to ensure the highest levels of program integrity.
10. Assist CNS Supervisors with daily operation of Wellness Center conference rooms.
11. Prepare and report monthly financial accountability of all programs apart from daily breakfast
12. Successfully implement and execute District Catering program including marketing, menu development, costing and invoicing.
13. Utilize the Wellness facility for District and Community meetings and events.
14. Successfully fulfill district needs with the utilization of the Food Truck to include; student and school events, district office catering, and other vents as needed.
15. Create Catering menu, place food/supply orders for special functions and maintain records for financial accountability and transparency.
16. Able to work weekends and evenings if needed
17. Use safe work practices in all functions.
18. Complete ongoing professional growth education as outlined by the USDA.
19. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in Culinary Arts, Nutrition or related field preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES: Serve-Safe Certificate Distribution
EXPERIENCE: Five years’ experience as a supervisor for the National School Lunch Program including experience with nutritional analyzation and related software. Culinary experience to include menu creation, production, marketing, implementation and supervising special catering events and orders.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment consists of working in normal office settings, kitchens and in a warehouse environment that has dirt, dust, engine fumes, and machinery noise and vibration
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month year, Classified Technical and Professional Exempt Salary, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff