CNS Operations Technician
- CNS Operations Technician JobID: 1860
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
TITLE: CNS Operations Technician
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: CNS Supervisor
SUMMARY: The CNS Operations Technician is specifically responsible for cleaning the Wellness Center including kitchen, Conference rooms, office areas and atrium. Breakdown and set up for events. Assist with unloading and loading the delivery trucks, and will make timely deliveries to all school sites and district office.
1. Sweeps and mops and vacuums the Wellness Center including kitchen area.
2. Cleans and maintains fixtures, windows, and vent-lights of the area.
3. Properly disposes of rubbish from the kitchen, and other adjacent areas in such a manner as to meet County Health Department safety and sanitation standards.
4. Routinely cleans grease traps, walk-in refrigerators/coolers, oven hoods, and overhead filters for stoves and ovens.
5. Sweeps and washes sidewalks, entrances, and loading/delivery areas around the Wellness Center which may include washing windows, removal of cobwebs, bird nests and bird droppings etc.
6. Set up and Break down rooms for events as needed.
7. Stores food and supplies properly and in compliance with Health Department regulations.
8. Clean and Stock bathrooms.
9. Monitor and maintain records of temperatures of departmental refrigerator and freezer
temperatures, and record and report need for repairs.
10. Make routine and timely delivery of requested food service products and supplies from the
distribution center to school sites and District offices.
11. Make non-routine special deliveries.
12. Maintains custodial supplies, including chemicals, properly and in accordance with Health Department regulations.
13. Maintain and clean the delivery vehicle by cleaning the inside and outside, replenishing with oil, gas, and water, and check tires.
14. Assist with the Summer Food Service Program.
15. Utilizes safe work practices in all functions.
16. Perform a self-audit using master cleaning checklist to ensure all duties are complete.
17. Attend in-service meetings.
18. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Maricopa County Food Handler's Card.
Arizona Class D driver’s license or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with good driving record.
Previous warehouse and delivery preferred.
Previous custodial experience is preferred.
Prior work experiences where duties were performed with minimum direct supervision and cooperation with others are desired.
Ability to sweep, mop, and scrub kitchen floors, walls, and windows.
Ability to perform general maintenance.
Knowledge of English required to read and interpret schedules, memos, instructions on tools and equipment, and to communicate with co-workers and students.
Knowledge of safety procedures and ability to maintain a safe working environment.
Ability to operate a fork lift and use an electric pallet jack and/or hand jack.
Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
Ability to work effectively with staff members.
Ability to bend carries 50 pounds, climb, kneel, lift 80 pounds, and push or pull 100 pounds.
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Ability to use equipment according to safety guidelines and maintain a safe working environment.
The working environment is in a warehouse, walk-in freezers, and loading dock that requires working with seasonal darkness, dirt, dust, freezer temperatures –20°, engine fumes, and machinery noise and vibration
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.