- CNS Manager JobID: 1964
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals-School Based
- Date Posted:
T.G. Barr Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Follow district procedures and policies for sanitary preparation and serving of wholesome and nutritious food products, including appropriate storage, housekeeping, and cleaning procedures.
- Comply with USDA, county health codes, OSHA, and District regulations pertinent to all preparation, serving, and storage of products and the cleanliness of the cafeteria, kitchen, and adjacent areas.
- Supervise and schedule staff to meet operational needs.
- Assist with the preparation and serving of food and with cleaning after each meal.
- Provide staff training on preparation, serving, record keeping, and sanitation procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluation sessions including providing performance feedback.
- Order food items, ingredients and supplies.
- Monitor received orders for accuracy, and completeness.
- Maintain accurate records of meals served, bank deposits, and inventories.
- Conduct sales to students and adults as requested.
- Perform cashiering functions as needed in the completion of operations including meal benefit applications, roster and student name/bar code book, operation of register or computer or manual system, and daily bank deposits.
- Conduct nutrition education sessions with student groups.
- Conduct product evaluations and make recommendations for changes and improvements in procedures, products, supplies, and equipment.
- Encourage employee professional growth by actively participating in the School Nutrition Association of Arizona.
- Maintain open communication with the principal on issues that may affect the general operation of the food service program.
- Demonstrate a cooperative spirit in working with the school staff and administration.
- Ensure that meals are prepared and ready to serve to meet the schedule set by the principal.
- Ensure that meals are served quickly and efficiently and that there are sufficient quantities to provide choices to all student and adult customers.
- Ensure that all nutrition center staff maintain high standards of safety and sanitation as reflected in health inspections and District monitoring reports.
- Use safe work practices in all functions.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and in-service training.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maricopa County Food Handler’s Card.
- Maricopa County Manager’s Certificate.
- School Nutrition Association certification is desirable.
- Ability to assume responsibility for all aspects of a school meals program.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with students, teachers, administration, and cafeteria staff.
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions.
- Knowledge and ability to use commercial kitchen equipment safely.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment for self and others.
- Proficiency in English and general communication skills (oral and written) for providing work direction, and interacting with staff, students and administration.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds using a cart with wheels, and ability to bend, reach, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
TITLE: CNS Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Child Nutrition Services – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Services Supervisor and School Principal
JOB GOAL: The CNS manager, under the direction of the District Child Nutrition Supervisor and the school principal will manage efficient and effective food services for the provision of wholesome and nutritious food products for students and staff.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in school food service program or comparable institutional setting.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is in the cafeteria kitchen and dining room that includes exposure to noise and vibrations from kitchen equipment, fumes and odors from grease traps, and heat from stoves and ovens.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year, beginning salary Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.