Clinical Mental Health Provider
- Clinical Mental Health Provider JobID: 2346
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Consult with school staff in developing mental health and SEL programming and supports for students in general education classroom and inclusion settings.
- Train staff on behavioral and mental health related topics, including developing clinical evidence based behavior and therapeutic interventions, treatment plans, and psychological assessments.
- Provide staff consultation/support on design/implementation of behavior and mental health treatment plans, therapeutic interventions, assessments, interventions, and strategies.
- Facilitate team mental health and social-emotional related consultation with classroom teachers, related service providers, paraprofessionals and site administration.
- Conduct Psychological Mental Health and Behavior Assessments, and classroom observations.
- Document personal provision of services to students, as outlined on IEP’s.
- Engage in social-behavioral elements of annual IEP process (attendance at meetings, updating present levels, development of goals, BIP’s, etc.) as needed.
- Provide individual/small group and referrals for students enrolled in RSD online academy.
- Assist in crisis intervention and district/site behavioral management planning.
- Assist in team building and support a positive work environment, regular consultation with staff about various organizational issues, participation in weekly Leadership and Intervention Team meeting.
- Provide clinical supervision and licensure hours for therapists and counselors looking to obtain their independent licenses as determine by the Director of Social-Emotional Learning
- Provide a range of psychological services; provide individual counseling on an as needed basis, conduct crisis interventions, e.g., suicide assessments, danger to other assessments, child protective service reports. Conduct psycho-educational assessments. Conduct behavioral plans on an as needed basis.
- Consult with parents; interface outside community agencies in efforts to support mental health, and academic needs of students.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related behavioral health field — required.
- Doctorate of Psychology/PhD and/or clinical licensure and/or eligible for clinical counselor/socialwork licensure by Arizona Board of Behavior Health preferred.
- Clinical supervision credentials or ability to get clinical credentials preferred.
- Experience working with an ethnically diverse urban population.
- Must be active related mental health professionals with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical therapeutic treatments.
- Competent in the prevention of violent or harmful behaviors for children and adolescents.
- Ability to work effectively with district and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents, and community agencies. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including attention to detail.
- Strong people skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to provide culturally sensitive and trauma-informed services.
- The working environment is a district and site setting.
- Ten-month, Psychologist Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.
TITLE: Clinical Mental Health Provider
REPORTS TO: Director of Social-Emotional Learning
SUMMARY: The Clinical Mental Health Therapist will provide integrated and comprehensive behavioral and mental health services/consultation to children, adolescents, and school communities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: