- Position Type:
Part Time/Health Aides
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Assists pre-school and elementary school students in school classrooms with personal health and hygiene training and individual assistance as needed; provides assistance to Teachers as requested; duties may vary according to job assignment.
- Guides students to and from school facilities and classrooms; monitors students and assists in maintaining good student conduct; takes attendance and enters data into tracking system.
- Documents special issues and problems, and assures all required written reports are completed and submitted on a daily basis; assists with clerical duties, copying and record keeping as needed.
- Assists students with hygiene and self-help skills such as feeding, toileting and dressing.
- Assists special-needs students with individual positioning and movement with various pieces of assistive equipment such as walkers, wheelchairs and other equipment according to their needs.
- Cleans and sanitizes rooms, surfaces, toys and other areas as needed.
- Assists students with learning tasks and Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
- Communicates with parents, students and staff to convey pertinent information while maintaining confidentiality of personal information.
- Enforces District policies and rules of conduct, and reports behavior issues and other concerns to supervisor or Principal.
- Transports equipment and supplies for special needs students and assures delivery to teachers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- CPR and First Aide certificates for infants, children and adults.
- Experience in working with severely handicapped students or young adults is preferred as well as experience working with learning disabled individuals.
- Skill in assisting children and special needs students. Skill in reacting quickly to situations that could create personal stress and safety problems. Skill in maintaining composure, and working effectively under classroom conditions. Skill in using courtesy and respect in providing personal services to students. Skill in performing first aid and CPR. Skill in closely following verbal and written instructions and procedures. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers and others.
- The work environment is the normal school setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The playground setting can include exposure to dirt, dust, and extreme seasonal temperatures.
- Nine-month year, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
|Classroom/Student Aide||JobID: 1810|
TITLE: Classroom/Student Aide
CLASSIFICATION: Exceptional Student Services Department – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Director of Exceptional Student Services
SUMMARY: To assist students in school classrooms with personal health, hygiene and learning tasks and to provide assistance to Teachers as needed.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1810