Budget Compliance Specialist Federal Programs
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals Federally Funded
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
|Budget Compliance Specialist Federal Programs||JobID: 2532|
TITLE: Budget Compliance Specialist
CLASSIFICATION: District Office
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY: Responsible to perform a variety of accounting and budgeting functions and other tasks of a technical nature in order to assure District compliance with generally accepted accounting practices as required by the Arizona Department of Education and State Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR). The duties are of a high level of complexity, requiring a high degree of computer, technical and specialized knowledge, as well as a strong familiarity with federal, state, and District requirements. The position will support federal and state grant programs for the District.
1. Prepares, examines, and /or analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
2. Prepares and records General Ledger transfer entries and expense journal entries.
3. Maintains and analyzes budgets, prepares periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
4. Monitors purchasing transactions to ensure compliance with federal and state grant requirements.
5. Reconciles and maintains adequate financial records for Federal and State Grant Funds.
6. Compiles financial reports and statements for federal project completions.
7. Monitors and analyzes budgetary accounts and advises department administrators on the status, variations, and cause for deviations.
8. Participate in budget projections and new fiscal year preparations.
9. Provides assistance with budget analysis and internal audits.
10. Attend professional development to ensure current purchasing, accounting and budgeting functions and procedures are followed.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university: OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 24 semester hours of accounting courses is preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five (5) years related accounting and budgeting experience is required.
1. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
2. Demonstrated specialized knowledge and ability to work with highly complex situations/procedures and data is essential.
3. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
4. Must be proficient with the keyboard and a 10 key calculator, as well as experienced with a computer and a variety of software (including working with spreadsheets - Excel, Access and PowerPoint; and the ability to learn specialized School District Finance software is required.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing is an essential requirement.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with directors, supervisors and other staff to ensure timely completion of assignments.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, Professional Exempt, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.