Administrative Assistant - Transportation
- Administrative Assistant - Transportation JobID: 2124
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Greet visitors to the department, answering and/or redirecting inquiries, and taking messages.
- Answer telephones for department personnel, answering and/or redirecting inquiries, and taking messages.
- Type general correspondence, reports, directories, handbooks, etc., from rough draft.
- Establish and maintain department filing systems including detailed records and logs of all mechanical problems
- Order general office supplies for department.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Attend inservice meetings.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill to meet with public, co-workers, District personnel and administration.
- Type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to use technology for word processing and spreadsheet.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, FAX, and calculator.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions in absence of specific direction.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge and ability to comply with safety procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and administrators.
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The transportation administrative assistant will provide office and general clerical services to assist the Transportation Supervisor with projects.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Two years of related office experience including ability to implement office practices, procedures, and duties relevant to the functions of the department.
WORKING CONDTIONS: The working conditions include an office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYEMENT: Twelve-month year, classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.