Administrative Assistant - Head Start
- Administrative Assistant - Head Start JobID: 1839
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Headstart
- Provide general clerical and typing services to the Head Start Lead teachers including: admissions to Head Start, word processing from rough or final drafts, preparing and processing department correspondence, receiving visitors, answering telephones, and preparing reports and special projects.
- Receive and greet parents and the public in the Head Start office.
- Organize and maintain Head Start data and information
- Maintain financial, statistical, and accounting records and prepare accurate records.
- Prepare monthly reports including attendance and payroll.
- Establish and maintain effective filling and follow-up systems.
- Coordinate the office operations including copying, typing, transportation, and travel arrangements for Head Start staff.
- Establish and maintain appointment calendar.
- Order supplies and equipment using invoices and vouchers.
- Attend parent policy meetings including taking notes and prepare the notes in English and Spanish.
- Support caseworkers and keep up-to-date all children's files with required documents.
- Maintain professional working environment and confidentiality
- Participate in ongoing training related to job responsibilities.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- Bilingual in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish.
- High level of English proficiency is required for the completion of work tasks, frequent telephone communication, and preparation of written correspondence (spelling, punctuation, and grammar).
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to communicate with staff, parents, and children, in person and on the telephone.
- Basic knowledge of child development and Head Start preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and applications.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including copy machine, FAX, and calculator.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use independent judgment in setting priorities and making decisions in absence of specific direction.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
CLASSIFICATION: Head Start – Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: Head Start Director
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Head Start Director, the head start administrative assistant will provide typing and general secretarial services to ensure smooth and efficient operations in the Head Start program.
High school diploma or equivalency.
LICENSES OR CERTIFCATIONS:
One-year experience as a secretary.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment is the normal office setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, classified hourly salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.