23/24 SY - School Counselor
- Position Type:
Allied Health/Allied Health
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Collaborate with Instructional Coach, Social Worker, and School Administration to train staff on Tier 1 SEL strategies, including relationship building, trauma informed teaching, and whole group behavior management techniques.
- Collaborate with general education staff to develop, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of Tier 1 and Tier 2 social and behavioral interventions.
- Engage in SEL elements of the RTI process.
- Contribute to the development of social-behavioral elements of the IEP process.
- When applicable, participate in the Campus Leadership team meetings.
- Assist in crisis intervention, e.g., suicide assessment, threat to others assessments.
- Provide a range of psychological services including class, group, and individual counseling.
- Collaborate with parents and outside community agencies in efforts to support students social and behavioral needs.
- Participate in District crisis response team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Counseling
- Current Arizona Counseling Certification
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Experience or relevant work with similar demographic population as RSD
- Clinical or license to deliver therapy is preferred
- Experience working with an ethnically diverse urban population.
- Experience delivering therapy services is preferred.
- Bilingual skills are preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with district and school site administrators, teachers, support staff, parents and community agencies.
- The working environment is a district and site setting.
- Certified, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.
|23/24 SY - School Counselor||JobID: 2439|
REPORTS TO: Director for Social Wellness
SUMMARY: The Counselor’s primary duties are to provide direct counseling and to consult with other staff in providing quality SEL services to students.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2439