23/24 SY - Music Teacher
- Position Type:
Teacher - Special Areas/Music Teacher
- Date Posted:
Irene Lopez Elementary
- Closing Date:
until filled   Additional Information:
- Teachers share primary responsibility for implementing the district's required curriculum, as set forth in the curriculum scope and sequence adopted by the Governing Board.
- Each teacher shall be provided with a copy of the curriculum scope and sequence at the beginning of each school year which shall include the key district policies and procedures relating to implementation of the instructional program.
- Teachers are expected to prepare and have available for review upon request weekly lesson plans.
- All teachers will be required to submit substitute lesson plans which will be updated quarterly or as needed.
- Teachers will assign mandatory homework in support of the instructional program.
- Teachers are expected to maintain up-to-date grade books which record student achievement on classroom assignments, tests, homework, projects and other assigned activities.
- Teachers are expected to instruct and guide student achievement toward meeting the districted-mandated competencies in each content area.
- Teachers are expected to follow all state and district testing guidelines.
- Teachers will prepare and disseminate report cards according to district guidelines and procedures.
- All-day kindergartens and grades 1-8 will include at least one (1) special area class daily.
- Teachers will complete and submit substitute evaluation forms through the principal to the Human Resources Department.
- Teachers are expected to provide a classroom environment which protects the health, safety and welfare of all students.
- Teachers will implement the assertive discipline approach to student discipline in all classrooms.
- Teachers will share with administrators the responsibility to provide adequate supervision of students.
- Teachers will assist in the maintenance of student records, including attendance accounting and cumulative folders.
- Teachers will share the responsibility for the care of equipment and instructional materials assigned or allocated to their classrooms and will assist administration in the maintenance of up-to-date inventory lists.
- Each teacher may be required to participate in scheduled in-service workshops during the normal workday. Every effort will be made to have substitutes and/or administration supervise the classes of participating teachers.
- Any non-reimbursed in service program may not require teachers to stay past the normal workday.
- Each teacher is expected to attend and participate in scheduled meetings at the unit school, not to exceed two (2) hours per month beyond the scheduled workday. Meetings may not be scheduled for Friday afternoons except in emergencies.
- Teachers selected by the REA will participate yearly in the development of in-service programs/workshops.
- Teachers are expected to maintain positive, professional relationships with parents, teachers are to communicate with parents regarding academic progress and student behavior.
- Teachers will be required to attend at least two (2) scheduled evening parent-teacher conferences at the unit school.
- Traveling special area teachers may only be required to attend one (1) evening parent-teacher conference per semester.
- Teachers will be expected to attend at least two (2) Parent-Teacher functions at the unit school in addition to the parent-teacher conferences (teachers are encouraged to attend all meetings and functions). Open House may count as one of the functions.
- Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the effective and orderly operation of the District.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher
- A valid Arizona Teaching Certification
- AZ Endorsement Subject Specific
- Highly Qualified in core academic subject
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- The working environment is the normal classroom setting.
- Nine-month year, Certified Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of certified staff.
|23/24 SY - Music Teacher||JobID: 2416|
TITLE: Special Area Teacher
REPORTS TO: School Administrator
SUMMARY: Teacher is expected to carry out duties and responsibilities under the supervision and guidance of the school principal, assistant principal and/or teacher on special assignment.
A. Implementation of Instructional Program
B. Supervision of Students
C. School Operations
D. Participation in In-Service Programs
E. Interaction with Parents
F. Interaction with Staff
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2416