23/24 SY - Director of Finance
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
until filled   TITLE: Director of Finance
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of Business Services, prepares, supervises, and manages preliminary and final district, program, and school budgets.
- Responsible for assisting with long-range financial planning and financial reporting, including enrollment projections.
- Acts as advisor to the Executive Director of Business Services on all questions relating to the business and financial affairs of the District.
- Researches and analyzes historical accounting transactions to support budget decision-making.
- Coordinates and reviews year-end requirements such as the state Annual Financial Report (AFR).
- Monitors and controls the budgets in the general ledger system.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and budget analysis.
- Prepares quarterly forecasts and analyzes actual versus budgeted activities.
- Establishes and supervises a program of accounting adequate to record in detail all money and credit transactions.
- Supervises the financial accounting of the District’s student activities program serving as student activities assistant treasurer
- Manages the District’s payroll, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting functions as needed or directed by the Executive Director of Business Services.
- Assists the Executive Director of Business Services in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating all staff personnel in Business Services.
- Assists the Executive Director of Business Services with the arrangement of internal and external auditing of District and school financials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of school law and school finance.
- Skilled in clearly communicating detailed financial and budgetary information that is easily understood by others.
- Ability to make key budgetary and management decisions while maintaining a fair and impartial attitude for the distribution of approved funds following guidelines set forth by the policies of the district.
- Effectively and efficiently lead a department and teams towards shared visions, goals, and outcomes.
|23/24 SY - Director of Finance||JobID: 2473|
CLASSIFICATION: District Office Administration – Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Business Services
SUMMARY: A vital part of the Strategic Plan for Roosevelt School District is an equitable distribution of resources and strong financial stewardship for District operations. The Director of Finance plays a crucial role in the financial affairs of the District by providing excellence and equity in educational services with the financial resources available. This leader plays a key role in all aspects of the District while managing and supervising the Finance, Payroll, Purchasing, and Accounts Payable departments of Roosevelt School District.
A minimum of ten years of combined experience in budget preparation, accounting, payroll and accounts payable.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month year, District Office Administrator - Director Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2473