23/24 SY - Dean of Students
- Position Type:
Administration/Dean of Students
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Confer with parents, faculty, staff, administration, and others in seeking solutions to
- academic, personal, and behavioral problems of students.
- Process student referrals in matters of discipline, attendance, and due process hearings.
- Implement the district’s student discipline policies and procedures with equity and fidelity.
- Assist in establishing an optimal learning environment within the school.
- Assist in establishing a positive learning environment and respond to the individual
- needs of students.
- Assist in providing professional leadership to organize, administer, and provide support
- effective campus systems to maximize student learning.
- Ensure all school programs and activities conform to State and District guidelines.
- Communicate and work effectively with members of the school district and community,
- regarding student achievement, discipline, attendance, and due process.
- Organize discipline data and monitor discipline patterns, generate reports, and analyze data
- regarding student discipline.
- Refer students and parents to resources and assistance available at the school and community
- level to address issues of attend ance, discipline, and behavior.
- Work to implement the vision and mission of the District.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and collaborate with the building principal to improve teaching
- and learning within the school/s.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
- A Master’s degree or higher, with a major in educational administration or supervision.
- A valid Arizona teaching certificate.
- A valid administrative certification or completion of administrative certificate within six months of hire.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ successful classroom teaching experience and/or other related experience.
- Ability to model commitment and dedication to work.
- Ability to support the functions of the school including student discipline and other supervisory duties as assigned by the principal.
- Ability to assist the principal and administrative team in the overall administration of the school.
- Ability to keep current on changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing concerns of mutual interest with others in the field.
- Ability to attend extracurricular activities scheduled during the day or in the evening.
- Ability to instill and promote quality instructional programs in the school and to ensure high levels of achievement from all students.
- Ability to approach student discipline from a perspective of learning and incorporation restorative practices whenever possible.
- Work with technology/computer systems especially as they relate to the teaching and learning process and discipline data.
- Ability to implement and follow all District health and safety policies.
- Ability to be flexible to change in a productive and positive manner, meeting deadlines as assigned.
- Work independently and without supervision, and complete work in an efficient manner.
- Ten-month, Site Administrator Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.
|23/24 SY - Dean of Students||JobID: 2394|
TITLE: Dean of Students
CLASSIFICATION: Site Administrator
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: The Dean of Students will assist the Principal and other members of the administrative team in providing professional leadership to organize, administer and support effective campus systems to maximize student learning. The Dean of Students, under the supervision of the principal, will be responsible for the coordination, supervision, and administration of the campus discipline procedures and process.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is an outline of the position’s duties and responsibilities. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2394