23/24 SY - CNS Apprentice
- Position Type:
Child Nutrition Services
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
|23/24 SY - CNS Apprentice||JobID: 2420|
TITLE: CNS Apprentice
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Hourly Salary Schedule
REPORTS TO: CNS Supervisor
SUMMARY: Hands-on training position to develop a thorough knowledge of duties and responsibilities of a CNS Manager. This position requires traveling to sites within the Roosevelt School District to work with and cover for current CNS Managers.
1. Work with managers in various school kitchens to develop knowledge and skills necessary to assume full responsibility for the management and supervision of the food service program within a single school.
2. Learn to maintain all records for program accountability, including supervision of staff, delegating of tasks, completing paperwork and required logs, running the point of sale and meal preparation and service.
3. Learn how to operate kitchen equipment, prepare cleaning and sanitizing solutions, food receiving, storage and inventory procedures as well as other areas of kitchen operations.
4. Learn to assist with planning and forecasting the preparation of production records for district school menus for all meal services using historical data.
5. Assist in ordering food and supplies for delivery.
6. Learn how to do a complete and accurate inventory to monitor operating costs and financial integrity.
7. Learn how to schedule work for staff to ensure adequate kitchen coverage and to ensure all areas of the operation run smoothly, safely and efficiently.
8. Monitor work of food service employees to ensure consistent, high quality, prompt food service and efficient use of labor in meal preparation.
9. Learn how to effectively communicate, coach and train kitchen staff.
10. Oversee all operations in the school kitchen to effectively administer the school meal programs for students following all local, federal, department and district policies and regulations.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required
LICENCES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Apprentice agrees to obtain Serve Safe Certification within 90 days of hire Maricopa County Food Handlers Certificate required
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years school food service experience
• Knowledge of school foodservice operations
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions, be able to read, write and do mathematical equations.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• A courteous and professional demeanor
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Excellent communication skills and a passion for providing great customer service
• Ability to stand, walk and bend for long periods of time
• Ability to lift moderate amounts of weight
• Reliable transportation and ability to work at various locations within the district
WORKING CONDITIONS: The working environment is in the cafeteria kitchen and dining room that includes exposure to noise and vibrations from kitchen equipment, fumes and odors from grease traps, and heat from stoves and ovens.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month | 35 hours per week, Classified Hourly Salary Schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of classified staff.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Internship
Job Reference #: 2420