23/24 SY - 21st Century Instructor (INTERNAL ONLY)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Cesar Chavez Elementary
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Design, plan and facilitate activities and specially designed instruction to students enrolled in 21st CCLC program.
- Collaborate with Principal, Site Coordinator and other designees with the implementation of 21st CCLC standards, regulations, District procedures and other requirements of the 21st CCLC Program. Maintains all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with 21st CCLC performance standards.
- Ensure all lesson plans/syllabi are aligned with AZ State Standards, 21st CCLC Grant Objectives and any individualized IEP goals.
- Works cooperatively with identified disabilities service support staff in the provision of direct services and the developmental goals for children with disabilities.
- Observes students and participates in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Supervise all students at all times to ensure safe and organized programming.
- Demonstrate positive classroom management.
- Maintain effective communication with Site Administration and/or Coordinator as it relates to student needs and all aspects of the program.
- Monitor the daily attendance and punctuality of students. Maintain minimum number of actively participating students.
- Accurately maintain all necessary documentation and records required by 21st CCLC Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain relationships with families to encourage student learning and participation in the program.
- Assess student progress and send progress reports to parents and classroom teachers in accordance with guidelines.
- Utilize input from various stakeholders and key data points to ensure that all instruction is targeted at individual goals.
- Request needed supplies, materials and support in advance from 21st CCLC Coordinator. Maintains program supplies materials and equipment.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the Site Administrator and/or Coordinator.
- Attends required training to meet 21st CCLC requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education, Child development, Education or closely related field;
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of community members or employees. Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with 21st CCLC Coordinator, faculty, students and parents.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Technology Skills: Ability to use technology to support instruction; access and manipulate data; enhance professional growth and productivity; communicate and collaborate with colleges, parents and the community; and conduct research/solve problems.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret program guidelines and student data.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Provide direct instruction in a small group environment.
- Previous work in child care preferred. Working knowledge of out-of-school time programming; establish and maintain effective working relationships with Site Administration, Coordinator, staff, students and school community; perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and ADE policies.
- Implementing best practice associated with extracurricular programs.
- Motivating others to achieve intended outcomes;
- Generating the support needed to provide the best extracurricular programs
- Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Maintain safe learning environment.
- The work environment is a normal school/virtual setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate.
- The employee is continuously required to meet deadlines with severe time constraints, interact with the public and other staff.
- Non-contracted; part-time; hourly program
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy.
|23/24 SY - 21st Century Instructor (INTERNAL ONLY)||JobID: 2459|
TITLE: Instructor – 21st Century Community Learning Center
CLASSIFICATION: Certified or Classified
REPORTS TO: School Principal/Site Coordinator/Federal Programs Specialist/Director of Federal Programs
COMPENSATION: $27/hour – Certified; EE hourly rate - Classified
WORK YEAR: 21st CCLC Program Year
SUMMARY: The 21st CCLC Instructor will assist students develop and strengthen academic, physical and social skills by providing support and tutoring to students in the after school program. Incumbents will be responsible for providing academic tutoring and enrichment programming for designated groups of up to twenty students. Incumbents will work under the direction of the site Principal and Site Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: