22/23 SY - Summer School Social Worker
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   TITLE: School Social Worker – Summer School
|22/23 SY - Summer School Social Worker||JobID: 2436|
REPORTS TO: Director of Social Emotional Learning
SUMMARY: Under general supervision and work direction of the Director of Social Emotional Learning social worker should be knowledgeable in the role and duty of a social worker, child development, learning theory, and special education procedures and services.
1. Provides short-term individual counseling and small group counseling to students
2. Provides direct social work assistance to children and their families (i.e. is available to meet with parents and school staff as to determine student/family needs, make contacts with appropriate agencies/resources to address needs, follows through with parents and/or agencies to ensure services received, maintains documentation of services provided for students/families)
3. Collaborates with teachers, administrators, staff, and community by providing support and assistance with social/behavioral management, home visits, truancy, and referral to community resources.
4. Participates in crisis intervention services as requested by site administrators or Director or Social Emotional Learning (i.e., responds in a timely manner to crisis situations, assumes leadership or guidance roles as requested, facilitates referrals to appropriate agencies for needed follow-up as appropriate)
5. Submits an annual and monthly report as requested by Director of Social Emotional Learning, i.e., submits documentation in a timely manner, follows adopted procedures and standards
6. Performance of other related duties as assigned by the Director of Social Emotional Learning
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of social worker experience preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 2436