22/23 SY - Instruction - EDP (INTERNAL ONLY)
- 22/23 SY - Instruction - EDP (INTERNAL ONLY) JobID: 2310
- Position Type:
Education Support Professionals - District Office
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Design, plan and facilitate activities/direct instruction to students in Extended Day programs.
- Ensure all lesson plans and instruction is taught in accordance with Arizona State Standards.
- Supervise all students to ensure safe and organized programming.
- Demonstrate positive classroom management by following Extended Day policies and procedures.
- Arrange and attend required parent meetings and Extended Day professional development trainings.
- Maintain effective communication with Site and/or District Coordinator as it relates to student needs and all aspects of the Extended Day program.
- Monitor the daily attendance and punctuality of students.
- Accurately maintain all necessary documentation and records required by Site and/or District Coordinator.
- Develop and maintain relationships with families to encourage students learning and participation in the program.
- Assess student progress and send progress reports to parents and classroom teachers in accordance with guidelines.
- Utilize input from various stakeholders and key data points to ensure that all instruction is targeted at individual student learning goals
- Work cooperatively with other staff in the development of academic goals for children with disabilities and English language learners.
- Request needed supplies, materials and support in advance from Site Coordinator.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the District Coordinator/Site Coordinator.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Six months experience working with students in a learning environment.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before groups of community members or employees. Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with District/Site Coordinator, faculty, students and parents.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Technology Skills: Ability to use technology to support instruction; access and manipulate data; enhance professional growth and productivity; communicate and collaborate with colleges, parents and the community; and conduct research/solve problems.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret program guidelines and student data.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Provide direct instruction in a small group environment.
- Previous work in child care preferred. Working knowledge of Extended Day programming; establish and maintain effective working relationships with Site Administration, Site/District Coordinator, staff, students and school community; perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and ADE policies.
- Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Maintain safe learning environment.
- The work environment is a normal school/virtual setting; the noise level ranges from quiet to loud, but is usually moderate. The employee is continuously required to meet deadlines with severe time constraints, interact with the public and other staff.
- Non-contracted; part-time; hourly program for 1 hour/day for 28 days.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Governing Board policy.
TITLE: Instruction - EDP
REPORTS TO: Director of Federal Programs/Site Administration/
COMPENSATION: $750.00 Stipend (2 payments as per program
WORK YEAR: Yearly
SUMMARY: The Extended Day Instructor will provide small group instruction during Extended Day programming and will also assist and support students in reaching their intervention academic program goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: