22/23 SY - Assistant Principal
- 22/23 SY - Assistant Principal JobID: 2200
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Assists the Principal in the overall administration of the school and serves as Principal in the absence of the Principal.
- Prepares routine reports and other special reports for the Principal.
- Administers the student discipline program; counsel’s student and confers with students and parents, as appropriate.
- Administers and supervises various student-related programs; such as, attendance, student achievement testing, and health services.
- Coordinates field trips and extra-curricular activities, such as, assemblies, intramurals, and student council.
- Monitors the transportation of students to and from school.
- Supervises the custodial staff.
- Coordinates the substitute program.
- Supervises classroom in absence of teacher.
- Assists with the compilation of annual budgetary needs.
- Makes recommendations to the Principal regarding supplies, materials and equipment needed; conducts inventories, maintains records, and checks on receipt of such materials.
- Participates in group conferences, faculty meetings, and other meetings as requested.
- Represents the school in some community functions.
- Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as the Principal may assign.
TITLE: Assistant Principal
CLASSIFICATION: School Administrator – Site Administrator Level
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUMMARY: To relieve the Principal of such school plant and management
responsibilities as prevent him/her from fulfilling his/her chief
responsibility for overall supervision and improvement of the
A Master’s degree or higher, with a major in educational administration or supervision.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
A valid Arizona administrative certificate for elementary grades
Minimum of three (3) years' successful classroom teaching experience.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
The working environment is primarily an office setting with some travel between schools and district office.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve-month, Administrative Salary Schedule (Principal & Asst. Principal), employee benefits in accordance with Board policies.
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of administrative staff.